VP of Engineering
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
We are looking for a VP of Engineering to provide technical leadership in all aspects of EatStreet's business. The ideal candidate is a builder, a coach, and has a vision for the tech roadmap. You will work strategically with stakeholders to align technology resources with business goals, and you will direct employees in the execution of technical strategy. We expect you to excel at strategic thinking, technical knowledge, leadership, communication, and, above all, be a strong team player that sees the big picture.
You'll work at our office in Madison, WI. near the Capitol Square.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Direct strategic technical vision for the company, and work with cross functional stakeholders to achieve said vision
- Ensuring technologies are reliable, efficient, profitable and secure
- Communicating technology strategy to leadership, employees, and investors
- Tracking, analyzing and monitoring technology performance metrics, and own the product roadmap
- Providing leadership and direction that supports the company?s mission, values, and culture
- Manage and coach a team of 17 technologists
Here's what we expect you to bring to the table:
- Proven experience as a VP of Engineering or relevant leadership role in areas of technology and product
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Creative problem-solving aptitude
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
You'll fit right in if you're looking for:
- A full-time position at one of Madison's Best Places to Work!
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, Shuffleboard, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits for full-time employees
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Fully stocked coffee and soda bar
- Weekly Beer Friday happy hour at the office!
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.