Software Engineering Intern
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is looking for a highly-motivated software engineering intern to join our team. The ideal candidate would have a strong foundation in web technologies and be passionate about learning new languages and tools. The software engineering intern should be capable of self-directed learning and really owning a project with regular mentorship and touch points with the lead engineer. These tools will be for in-house data management using Angular, Salesforce, and Java.
A successful candidate will be required to effectively gather business and technical requirements, investigate feasibility, and make a plan to see projects through to completion in a timely manner. The software engineering intern may be required to perform testing, fix bugs, scope out and implement new features, and create automated tests. This position will work 15-20 hours a week out of our office in Madison, WI. which is near to Capitol square and several bus lines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a bachelors in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Minimum of two years of software development or computer science education
- Experience with Java
- Comfortable within a OSX environment and familiarity with the command line
- Past experience with or strong desire to learn Angular
- Good communicator
- Ambitious and motivated
Nice To Have:
- Exposure to MySQL
- Strong grasp of object oriented architecture and design
- Exposure to / experience with Salesforce & Marketing Cloud
- Initiative to learn new technologies
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
- A part-time position at one of Madison's Best Places to Work!
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, Shuffleboard, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- Fully stocked coffee and soda bar
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.