There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is currently searching for a top-notch product designer who has experience building user interfaces for the web (iOS or Android experience a plus). You should have solid front-end skills and firmly believe in the importance of well written and easily maintainable code. You'll love this position if you’re excited by the thought of creating solutions for products that will be used by millions of users. You will work very closely with our tight-knit Design and Engineering teams to identify problems, brainstorm solutions and see your ideas through to completion in a fast paced development environment.
This position will work out of our office in Madison, WI. which is near to Capitol square and several bus lines.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
What you'll be doing
- Identify and solve product challenges to enhance user experience
- Wireframe, mock ideas and take part in usability studies
- Write production-ready code in HTML/CSS
- Work closely with design an engineering teams to take ideas from concept to completion
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of existing products
- Explore new product ideas
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in UI building
- Advanced skills with front-end design technologies (e.g. Sass and HTML)
- Experience in building user interfaces in web and native iOS and/or Android
- Love of a fast, iterative design process
- A strong visual aesthetic demonstrated through your portfolio.
- Experience with production level code and real-world users
- Initiative to learn emerging technologies
- Experience with numerous research methods, including in-person and remote moderated user testing, iterative prototype testing, A/B testing, user panels, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree not required but preferred
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
- A full-time position at one of Madison's Best Places to Work!
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, Shuffleboard, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits for full-time employees
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Fully stocked coffee and soda bar
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.