Software Quality Assurance Manager
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
The Software QA Manager is responsible for developing and driving the QA strategy for our digital products and services. Responsibilities include the creation and management of test strategies, test plans and the oversight and coordination of test execution in coordination with product managers and software engineers. You will be responsible for the measurement and reporting of software quality and the reduction of outcomes that negatively impact business operations or Customer Experience. You will also help coordinate workflow, test-related work demand across other departments as appropriate, and resource planning within the department with an emphasis on test resource capacity forecasting and planning.
This is a full time position that will work out of EatStreet?s Headquarters located just off Capitol Square in Madison, WI. During the COVID-19 stay-at-home period, you will be working remotely.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop test strategies for our Diner, Restaurant and Driver digital products
- Create efficient test plans, assignments, and schedules for the QA team
- Identify test resource demands and train testers as needed
- Manage individual testers, third party test services
- Monitor and manage QA team performance
- Proactively and consistently evaluate testing process and efficiencies
- Perform tests and report on outcomes
- Track, evaluate, and report on QA strategy progress
- Track bug fixes through to release
- Participate in product and sprint planning
- Coordinate defect remediation priorities with with Product Managers
- Coordinate QA Team workload to align with sprint schedules
- Determine when builds are ready for release
- Collaborate with engineering leads to determine system performance requirements and design and manage performance testing when appropriate
- Measure quality and business impact of defects
- Accountable for improved quality over time, including reducing production defects and negative impacts to end-user experience and internal operations
Candidate Qualities and Skills:
- Experience with teams building products for a digital consumer experience
- Experience in defining QA strategy for Agile software development teams
- A clear vision of how QA best-practices can be retro-fitted to existing technology stacks
- Experience working with multiple software product teams
- Experience working with remote and culturally diverse team members
- Experience working with multiple technology stacks (Java, Ruby, PHP, Android and iOS)
- Experience using test frameworks including performance and stress testing
- Strong servant-leader attitude
- At least 5 years of experience in a QA, with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- College degree in a related field preferred
- A full-time position at one of Madison's Best Places to Work!
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, shuffleboard, PS4, 70-inch TVs and kegerator
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Apple equipment
- Fully stocked coffee and soda bar
- Weekly happy hours
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.