Software Engineering Manager, Diner Team
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is looking for a highly-motivated Software Engineering Manager to join our Diner product team. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in web technologies and is passionate about creating full-stack solutions. You will be required to effectively facilitate our sprint planning and development cycles, to solicit technical requirements, investigate the feasibility, and see projects through to completion in a timely manner. Additionally, you will be an individual contributor building solutions into the product.
This is a full-time position that will work out of EatStreet?s Headquarters located just off Capitol Square in Madison, WI. During the COVID-19 stay-at-home period, you will be working remotely.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Manager Partner
- Partner with Product Management to support development of product roadmaps, pacing and sequencing of feature development
- Estimate feature request complexity and effort
- Validate requirements for completeness and readiness for build
- Coordinate with Product Manager to facilitate sprint planning meetings
- Perform role of agile Scrum Master Engineering Leadership
- Responsible for ensuring team members are following good design practices. Facilitate design reviews when needed. Develop or direct development of technical specifications to inform developers. Review work performed by team members to ensure engineering principles are met.
- Monitor work pacing and quality. Responsible for seeing that developers have the tools and coaching to be efficient, productive and produce good work.
- Be adept at balancing business and financial objectives with engineering processes and principles.
- Ensure quality of features and releases by coordinating testing with Product team and QA team.
- Coordinate and perform the transition of the tech stack to a modern, service-oriented architecture
- Design client- and server-side architecture
- Build scalable solutions and refactor the existing code base
- Recommend and implement process improvements to boost developer speed and efficiency
- Develop and manage systems that process tens of thousands of orders per day People Management
- Team leader for engineers involved in building and supporting the Diner Marketplace and Diner Mobile Apps
- Keep team motivated and aligned with team structure, organization and processes
- Help team members know the connection from their work to product and business objectives
- Monitor resource loading and forecast resource needs.
- Conduct 1-1 meetings, provide career counseling, and give growth advice to direct reports
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to develop productive relationships with leaders across the organization
- Experience introducing new processes or standards. Ability to drive change.
- Ability to make important decisions, in the absence of complete information, and a bias for action
- Ability to orchestrate and organize multiple work streams involving many people
- Bringing a positive and optimistic can-do attitude
- 2+ years of agile project management experience (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- Experience with project management tools such as Trello and JIRA
- Familiarity with AWS
- Bachelor?s degree. Comp Sci or technical degree preferred
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.
Please, no third-party solicitations.