Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is looking for a highly-motivated full-stack engineer to join our software engineering team. This is a full time position that will work out of our Madison, WI. office. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in web technologies and is passionate about creating full-stack solutions.
A successful candidate will be required to effectively gather business and technical requirements, investigate feasibility, and see projects through to completion in a timely manner. Additional tasks may be assigned such as testing, fixing bugs, scoping and implementing new features, and creating automated tests.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with development team and product manager to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Develop and manage well-functioning applications
- Build APIs for client applications
- Test software to ensure efficiency and responsiveness
We're looking for:
- Bachelor?s Degree or Master?s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years work experience
- Prior experience building full-stack applications
- Familiarity with version control, especially Git
- Strong grasp of object-oriented architecture and design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture
- Familiarity with MySQL or other relational database systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Exposure to AWS
- Agile/Scrum knowledge or experience
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, and Jasmine
- Familiarity with Spring / Tomcat
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
- A full-time position at one of Madison's Best Places to Work!
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, shuffleboard, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Apple equipment
- Fully stocked coffee and soda bar
- Weekly happy hours
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.