Senior Software Engineer - Back End
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is looking for a highly-motivated back end engineer to join our software engineering team. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in web technologies and is passionate about creating full-stack solutions. You will be required to effectively participate in our sprint planning and development cycles, to solicit technical requirements, investigate the feasibility, and see projects through to completion in a timely manner. Additional tasks may be assigned such as testing, fixing bugs, scoping and implementing new features, and creating automated tests.
This is a full-time position that will work out of EatStreet?s Headquarters located just off Capitol Square in Madison, WI. During the COVID-19 stay-at-home period, you will be working remotely.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build and maintain business-critical software supporting tens of thousands of orders each day
- Adapt existing functionality into scalable, modern architecture
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers
- Architect, design, and develop the API powering our ordering platform
- Contribute to the long-term architecture vision of the back end tech stack
- Mentor other engineers to ensure high quality
- Analyze and identify performance and scalability issues
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor?s Degree or Master?s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years work experience
- Prior experience building full-stack applications
- Experience building applications in AWS
- Expertise with Java, Spring, and Tomcat
- Familiarity with version control, especially Git
- Strong grasp of object-oriented architecture and design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture
- Expertise with MySQL or other relational database systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Gradle or other Java build tools
Nice To Have:
- Agile/Scrum knowledge or experience
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, and Jasmine
- Familiarity with front-end architecture
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.