Human Resources Assistant
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is currently seeking an organized, detail oriented and motivated Human Resources Assistant to join our team. The Human Resources Assistant position will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource Department. This is an administrative role that will work directly with the full-time HR team on HR initiatives, recruitment, projects, and compliance.
You?ll work full-time, Monday through Friday, 9a - 5p at our office near the Capitol Square in Madison, WI. and several bus routes. This position starts at $15.00 per hour with the opportunity for advancement.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist with the full cycle recruitment process including using attention to detail and independent discretion to review resumes, move candidates through the pipeline and send rejections in a timely manner
- Assist with placing recruitment job posts within budget and tracking spend
- Conduct in person and phone interviews for recruitment assignments
- Assist with the onboarding process by ensuring that assigned tasks are completed on time, that new employees have proper account access and hosting in person onboarding sessions as needed
- Help maintain I-9 and E-verify compliance by completing new hire I-9 verifications
- Process, sort and file incoming mail for the HR department
- Responsible for the completion of employment verifications
- Maintain electronic records of employees by ensuring that all appropriate documents are scanned and filed in corresponding paper and online files
- Employ empathy and problem solving to respond to general employee inquiries that come in via email and over the phone in a timely manner
- Accurately complete HRIS updates such as salary updates, tax information updates, address updates, and ACH information updates as assigned
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Assist with payroll by ensuring all necessary payroll changes have been updated in Namely
- Assist with the offboarding processing by removing various levels of account access from terminated employees as assigned
- Assist with motor vehicle record and background check adjudication
- Assist with our various day to day HR and Office Administration tasks as directed in areas such as onboarding, training and development, benefits, compensation and payroll
- Work with HR team and Office Management to make EatStreet the best place to work in Madison
We're looking for:
- Associates or bachelor?s degree in Human Resources or related degree preferred
- 1 year of human resources experience preferred
- Administrative, clerical, or record-keeping experience a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, hit tough deadlines and work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Capable of maintaining strict confidentiality
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization
- Passion for helping others
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office Suite and related business and communication tools.
- Excited to learn and adapt to new technologies
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
- A full-time position at one of Madison's Best Places to Work!
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, shuffleboard, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Apple equipment
- Fully stocked coffee and soda bar
- Weekly happy hours
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.