HR Business Partner - Madison, WI.
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. Whether it's on the web, mobile or social media, EatStreet enables restaurants to provide their customers with a fast, simple and enjoyable ordering experience.
The HR Business Partner will be the go-to resource for the Delivery team, providing consultation and coaching on performance management, employee relations issues, and employee engagement. This role will receive requests from the Delivery team and consult with the HR team to resolve quickly and effectively. This role will be responsible for conducting employee investigations among many other tasks.
The goal is to provide a framework to establish your role and responsibilities while allowing you to grow and expand your knowledge, reach and experience within the HR team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Delivery team to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Serve as HR point person for our delivery team. Relay messages, policies, etc.
- Employ empathy and problem solving to respond to general employee inquiries that come in via email and over the phone in a timely manner.
- Serve as main liaison for drivers and insurance in accident reporting.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase retention.
- Conduct thorough, objective investigations into critical employee incidents.
- Provide partnership, support, and solutions to the Delivery team on performance management.
- Prepare for and conduct workforce terminations.
- Assist the HR team in periodic audits.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements.
- Provide input to Human Resources policies and procedures by attending weekly meetings with the HR team.
- Assist with our various day to day HR tasks areas such as onboarding, training and development, benefits, compensation and payroll.
- Work with HR team to make EatStreet the best place to work in Madison.
What We Expect You to Bring to The Table:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in the HR field
- Bachelor?s degree in Human Resources or related field a plus
- Professional experience communicating employment law and HR policies
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and coaching skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Passion for helping others
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.