General Counsel - Madison, WI
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. Whether it's on the web, mobile or social media, EatStreet enables restaurants to provide their customers with a fast, simple and enjoyable ordering experience.
We are looking for a General Counsel to join our team and lead our legal strategy. The General Counsel will examine and draft IT, employment, and vendor contracts, manage trademarks, and preserve business records such as minutes of meetings and resolutions. The General Counsel will be responsible for the negotiation and management of customer contracts, insurance matters and employee relations. You will oversee compliance with corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending lawsuits and prosecuting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the CEO to lead, design and implement EatStreet?s Legal Strategy.
- Manage all of EatStreet?s legal matters.
- Advise executive management and board on various legal matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Examining, creating, and negotiating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization?s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing the company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Liaising with outside counsel, when necessary.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
What We Expect You to Bring to The Table:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- 7+ years practice with an established law firm.
- Background in litigation and/or employment law.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.