Human Resources Intern - Delivery
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Intern in its Madison, WI. office off of the Capitol Square. This role will help support EatStreet's full-time HR team with driver screening, onboarding, and other department initiatives.
You’ll work 15-25 hours per week at our office near the Capitol Square and several bus routes. The ability to work part-time Monday - Friday during business hours of 8a - 5p is preferred. This position starts at $10.00 per hour with the opportunity for advancement.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist with screening applicant's motor vehicle records checks against our insurance requirements
- Create import files to set up employees for payroll
- Complete employee changes and updates in HRIS system as needed
- Assist with maintaining online and paper employee files through scanning and filing records
- Complete employment verifications
- Complete miscellaneous research, reports, audits and memos as requested
We're looking for:
- Current or recent enrollment in graduate or undergraduate program with an interest in HR, business or administrative fields preferred
- Ability to work part-time Monday through Friday during business hours of 8am-5pm
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to all personnel and payroll related information
- Organized with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving abilities and able to keep up in a fast-paced work environment
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office suite
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, foosball, shuffleboard, PS4, and 70 inch TVs
- Fully stocked coffee & soda bar
- Weekly Beer Friday happy hour at the office!
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.