Business Development Intern
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
Restaurant delivery is booming throughout the country, as EatStreet launches new delivery markets each quarter we need more help as our business expands. The core duty of a Business Development Intern is to assist the Sales Team by managing existing restaurant accounts by selling premium advertising products, onboarding new restaurants over the phone, and prospecting new accounts and generating leads. This internship is a great opportunity to directly impact EatStreet?s strategic plan, yearly goals and to develop account management and sales skills.
This position requires 15 - 25 hours per week of availability and will work out of EatStreet HQ in Madison, WI. The pay rate for the internship will be $12.00 per hour. The internship will last throughout the fall semester with the possibility to continue in the spring semester
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for business development in new markets by building market pipelines and generating sales leads
- Perform market research and analyze market competition to present to the sales team
- Create and distribute marketing materials for restaurant promotion and outreach
- Onboard new restaurants remotely by completing test orders and reviewing the platform with restaurant partners over the phone
- Build lasting relationships with sales team members and restaurant partners
- Make outbound calls to sell online premium advertising products to existing restaurant partners
- Work directly with the delivery sales team in day to day tasks and special projects
- Other duties as assigned by management
We're looking for:
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Possess a high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a charismatic positive "can-do" attitude over the phone and in person
- Desire to pursue a sales or marketing career
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Ideal candidates will have junior or senior standing in college with an ability to work 15+ hours/week
You'll fit right in if you're looking for:
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, Skeeball machine, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- Fully stocked coffee & soda bar
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.