Accounting and Finance Intern
EatStreet is one of the best places to work in Madison, WI as recently voted upon in Madison Magazine! EatStreet is the fastest growing online and mobile food ordering service that streamlines commerce between restaurants and diners. Essentially, we make it easy for diners to view menus, get discounts and enjoy the best of local food delivery. We have over 15,000 restaurants in over 250 cities across the nation.
EatStreet is seeking a Finance Operations Intern in its office off of the Capitol Square. This role will assist EatStreet's full-time accounting and finance team in coordinating payments to restaurants, communicating with customers, and maintaining the company?s financial records.
You?ll work 18-25 hours per week. This role will start as a remote position and may transition to some hours worked at our office near the Capitol Square and several bus routes, depending on guidance from social leaders. Schedule is flexible, but some weekday 9a - 5p availability is required. The position will start in the summer and can continue into the school year.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Coordinating weekly and monthly payments to restaurants
- Managing Accounts Payable and restaurant accounts
- Resolving and communicating payment issues with customers and restaurants
- Communicating with restaurants and partners
- Running financial reports and recording journal entries
- Updating and maintaining company financial records
We're looking for:
- Majoring in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively and meet instructed deadlines on each shift
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, shuffleboard, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- Fully stocked coffee & soda bar
- Weekly Beer Friday happy hour at the office!
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.