Software Engineer - Patronpath
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. Whether it's on the web, mobile or social media, EatStreet enables restaurants to provide their customers with a fast, simple and enjoyable ordering experience.
EatStreet is looking for a highly-motivated full-stack engineer to join our software engineering team. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in web technologies and is passionate about creating full-stack solutions. You will be required to effectively participate in our sprint planning and development cycles, to solicit technical requirements, investigate the feasibility, and see projects through to completion in a timely manner. Additional tasks may be assigned such as testing, fixing bugs, scoping and implementing new features, and creating automated tests.
This is a full-time position that will work out of EatStreet?s Headquarters located just off Capitol Square in Madison, WI. During the COVID-19 stay-at-home period, you will be working remotely.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with development team and product manager to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Develop and manage well-functioning applications
- Manage and scale the Patronpath stack to support APIs and services used for client applications
- Test software to ensure efficiency and responsiveness
- Ability and willingness to be on an on call engineering rotation in order to address any tech issues that clients experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor?s Degree or Master?s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years work experience
- Prior experience building full-stack applications
- Knowledge of Laravel and PHP
- Familiarity with version control, especially Git
- Strong grasp of object-oriented architecture and design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture
- Familiarity with MySQL, MongoDB or other database systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Exposure to AWS
- Familiarity with the Java OSGI framework
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Sass, and Gulp
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Familiarity with BIRT scripts
- Agile/Scrum knowledge or experience
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, and Jasmine
- Familiarity with Spring / Tomcat / Nginx
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.
Please, no third-party solicitations.