Junior Software Engineering Intern
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. We combat complicated to hook you up with the food delivery and takeout options you crave, whenever you need it most.
EatStreet is looking for a highly-motivated software engineering intern to join our Patronpath team. The hours are 15-20/week. The ideal candidate would have a strong foundation in web technologies and be passionate about learning new languages and tools. The software engineering intern should be capable of self-directed learning and really owning a project with regular mentorship and touch points with the lead engineer.
A successful candidate will be required to effectively gather business and technical requirements, investigate feasibility, and make a plan to see projects through to completion in a timely manner. The software engineering intern may be required to perform testing, fix bugs, scope out and implement new features, and create automated tests.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university pursuing a Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of two years of computer science education
- Working knowledge of Java, Python or PHP
- Familiarity with Git, Bitbucket
- Exposure to databases
- Comfortable within a Mac environment and familiarity with the terminal
- Good communicator
- Ambitious and motivated
Nice To Have:
- Strong grasp of object oriented architecture and design
- Exposure to AWS
- Familiarity with Linux, Tomcat, and Nginx
- Familiarity with Java or PHP frameworks
You'll fit in well if you're looking for:
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly, casual office environment complete with a professional ping-pong table, shuffleboard, PS4, 70 inch TVs and kegerator
- Fully stocked coffee and soda bar
- Weekly happy hours
- Quarterly team social events
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.