HR System Manager - Madison, WI
There's hungry, and there's happy. EatStreet was born to be the world's smartest shortcut between the two. We don't make the hoagies, hot wings, or egg rolls, because cooking is best left to cooks. What EatStreet does is make ordering-out as second nature as humanly possible. Whether it's on the web, mobile or social media, EatStreet enables restaurants to provide their customers with a fast, simple and enjoyable ordering experience.
The HR Systems Manager is responsible for optimizing the daily operation of our HR Systems as well as processing employee data, producing HR-related reports, and ensuring compliance with relevant local and national regulations. To be successful in this role, you should be extensively familiar with the payroll function as well as with databases and HR software like payroll systems and Applicant Tracking Systems.
The goal is to provide a framework to establish your role and responsibilities while allowing you to grow and expand your knowledge, reach and experience within the HR team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and optimize the daily operation of our HR Information Systems including HRIS, Timekeeping, background checks, ATS, and E-Learning systems
- Partner with Engineering and Internal Operations teams to ensure integration with systems and accurate data flow
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of employee updates including new hires, transfers, terminations, address updates, direct deposit updates and changes to pay rates
- Perform periodic file audits to ensure data integrity that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Design manuals and document user-friendly data processing procedures
- Generate ad-hoc reports (for example, reports on turnover, hiring costs, EEO1 and benefits)
- Collaborate with our IT staff to perform regular tests and upgrades to our HRIS
- Work with IT on new hire account provisioning and decommissioning
- Create internal infrastructure for market expansion
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations
- Help support the administration and set up of performance reviews
- Serve as the primary interface to system vendors on day to day issues
- Responsible for reporting on key HR team metrics
- Oversee all system upgrades and system additions in partnership with IT
- Enroll new hires and enter information including contact details and job titles
- Optimize delivery driver onboarding process ensuring integration with systems and accurate data flow
- Optimize automation in rehire onboarding process
- Employ empathy and problem solving to respond to general employee inquiries that come in via email and over the phone in a timely manner
Other Job Duties
- Assess current systems and recommend updates, where necessary
- Provide input to Human Resources policies and procedures by attending biweekly meetings with the HR team
- Assist with our various day to day HR Administration tasks in areas such as onboarding, training and development, benefits, compensation and payroll
- Work with HR team and Office Management to make EatStreet the best place to work in Madison
What We Expect You to Bring to The Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- Five years of related HRIS system management experience required
- PHR or SHRM - CP a plus
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Experience in understanding and translating the priorities of the business and integrating the HR value proposition and strategies to meet the needs of the business
- Knowledge of data protection regulations and labor regulations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
EatStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EatStreet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EatStreet participates in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.